Sunday 6 November 2011

November Diary

Dear Guests

We have been very busy during the last month taking calves off the cows and selling them at the suckler calf sales in Kendal and Broughton. The lambs have been going to store sales in Ulverston. The ewes have gone back to the rams ready for the sheep to lamb in March/April.

We have been quite busy with bookings from walkers and moutain bikers for bacon/sausage/egg buns and fresh scones.

Bookings are also being taken for Christmas buffets and lunches. I have been busy making my own homemade apple chutney and I just had to sample some on a cheese sandwich - even though I say so myself - it was lovely - perfect for a Ploughman's lunch.

I have not had a day off for months, and as it was my birthday I was taken out to lunch at the Drunken Duck and then had a walk round Tarn Hows - I had a really good day. If you are visiting the area I can recommend both.

I hope to see you at the tea room soon.

Best wishes

Carole

No comments:

Post a Comment