Sunday 12 February 2012

February Diary

Dear Guests

January has whizzed by quickly - the weather has been absolutely dreadful. First we had a load of rain and now it's snow and ice - I just wish we could have a nice cold and dry sunny spell. My dad fell on the ice and broke is wrist so we have had a few hospital visits and the sheep have really suffered because of the weather. Looking on the bright side :-), I am hoping the worst is over and it means we will get a super Easter for all the campers who have booked.

My diet is going quite well, I was lucky to be taken out recently and I was able to get into my symetrical gold, brown and turquoise mini dress and knee high boots (no it isn't a joke - I really did wear this). My sister bought me the dress for Christmas so I thought if you can't beat them join them and it give me an incentive to loose a few pounds - I'll try and keep going - I could in in a bikini by Summer (ha ha only joking)!! Anyway, the dress raised a few eyebrows.

We have had quite a mountain bikers and walkers visiting the tea room during January. Dogs are also welcome in the tea room as long as they are kept on a lead.

The cows are going to start calving this month so we will have some new additions to the farm. I was really disappointed to find that the legbar hen, which we bought in December and was supposed to lay blue eggs, only lays brown ones.

Anyway, I think I will go and have a well earned coffee now in my new Emma Bridgewater Alice mug.

Hope to see you soon.

Carole

1 comment:

  1. Lost my last comment. - January has been a wet miserable month. Well that’s farming. Mind you the thought of a symetrical gold brown and turquoise mini dress, knee high boots and hens that lay blue eggs!! Makes me look at farming in an all new light your camping field is looking good. Sorry to hear about your dad. Looking forward to visiting the site later in the year

    ReplyDelete